Garden to Plate Food Experience with Julie Biuso
- Unique food & wine experience
- Visit the stunningly beautiful Sacred Blessing Sanctuary Gardens
- Gather organically grown produce
- Enjoy cooking class + lunch with renowned food writer/author Julie Biuso in a private home at the gardens
- Taste the best Waiheke and New Zealand artisan products
- Option to add on premium wine tasting
- All levels of travel can be arranged: ferry, premium private vehicle, helicopter
This premium food and wine experience is unique on Waiheke, and in New Zealand. Guests visit the stunningly beautiful Sacred Blessing Sanctuary Gardens to gather organically grown produce then enjoy a cooking class and lunch with renowned food writer/author and Le Cordon Bleu Ambassador Julie Biuso in a house on the property overlooking the gardens.
Guests will taste Waiheke specialties such as award-winning olive oils and honeys, freshly shucked Te Matuku Bay oysters and fresh fish caught in the Gulf and other artisan food products, plus many typical premium products from around New Zealand including famed salmon and lamb. Julie will also serve her own comestibles including preserved lemons, jams and chutneys made with Waiheke produce, and dukkah and gluten-free seed crackers. Organically grown vegetables, herbs and fruit from the gardens will be incorporated into the lunch.
*Questionnaires are sent out in advance to ensure menus include all your favourites.
It’s a learning and entertaining experience during which you will taste many specialities from Waiheke and from around New Zealand. It’s intimate, too, having your own personal chef. You can ask anything, and you will learn lots. Dishes are served as they are prepared on a lovely wooden table, and Waiheke wines are served, or a selection of New Zealand artisan beers and cider.
Guests will leave with a set of recipes and a small bottle of freshly-pressed 2018 Waiheke extra virgin olive oil.
- Catch the 9.00 am (or 10.00am) ferry from Downtown Ferry Terminal, Auckland Viaduct, or arrive on Waiheke between 10.00-11.00am.
- Meet Julie at Matiatia Wharf, or if opting to include the Twilight Wine Tour with the Garden to Plate Food Experience, meet Lily from NZ Premium Tours.
- Arrive at Sacred Blessing Sanctuary Gardens and enjoy a small tidbit and a glass of bubbly or an interesting non-alcoholic drink, or coffee.
- Enjoy a short garden tour with a focus on the organic herbal planting and vegetable gardens, including the sustainable garden area. Produce will be harvested for lunch as you go around the gardens.
- Reconvene upstairs in the kitchen which overlooks the garden for the Cooking class+lunch. At the conclusion, guests are either returned to the ferry or collected by Lily from Premium Tours for their Twilight Wine Tour.
GARDEN TO PLATE FOOD EXPERIENCE during summer months $325.00pp (approx. 3 hours)
Special Winter Price $590.00 per couple ($225.00 for third person or more)
TWILIGHT WINE TOUR with Lily from NZ Premium Tours (approx. 3 hours)
Travel in comfort to and from the ferry or your Waiheke accommodation in an Audi Q7 S-line
Visit 2 vineyards for private tastings and sightseeing
Special Winter Price $550.00 per couple ($200 for third person or more)
Book direct with Julie Biuso firstname.lastname@example.org
Available dates, times and price on application
Please contact Julie on +64 21 353-100 or +64 9 372-8675
(in New Zealand 021 353-100 or 09 372-8675)
or email email@example.com
Visit http://sharedkitchen.co.nz for Julie’s blog and recipes
Visit Background Julie Biuso for more information about Julie’s achievements
And for inspiration, view the food shots below